Contributors: Marios Alexandrou
Donate link: https://infolific.com/technology/software-worth-using/enhanced-plugin-admin-for-wordpress/
Tags: plugin info, plugin api, plugin admin, plugin security, plugin compatibility, plugin management, plugin update, update notifications, notifications, disable notifications, disable updates, disable auto-update
Requires at least: 4.0
Tested up to: 5.1.1
License: GPLv2 or later
At-a-glance diagnostic and security info displayed on your site's plugin page about the plugins you have installed (both active and inactive).
The Enhanced Plugin Admin plugin aims to save you time and warn you about potential compatibility and security problems for installed plugins right from the plugin admin screen. Information includes:
- last update date
- overall rating
- number of votes
- WordPress version compatibility range
- WordPress plugin repository status i.e. in repository, removed from repository, never in repository
You can also hide (disable) individual plugin update notifications for when you don't want to upgrade. These can be unhidden (re-enabled) at any time.
These are features I've been considering. Let me know if they're of interest or if you have other ideas.
- Schedule checks so that information is up to date without having to wait for plugin admin page to refresh.
- Email notifications when thresholds are first exceeded or when vulnerability discovered.
- Keep track of when a plugin was originally and most recently activated / deactivated.
- Upload the enhanced-plugin-admin folder to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Navigate to your site's plugins page
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I set thresholds?
Yes. Check the settings page
Can I get information about commercial plugins?
Unfortunately, commercial plugins house their information an their own sites and don't provide this information in a consistent manner.
I have an idea for an enhancement?
Feel free to suggest ideas on the support page.
- Alerts on plugin page shown in red. Line wrapping exaggerated due to screenshot size.
- Plugin update notification is visible with option to hide it.
- Plugin update notification is hidden with option to unhide it. Note that notifications elsewhere in interface are hidden too.